Dr. Prosper S. Nyaki
Head of Department LTS
PROGRAMMES OFFERED AT THE DEPARTMENT OF LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT STUDIES
The Institute conducts different programmes including programmes which follow the National Technical Awards (NTA) system. The Institute also conducts different professional driving short courses.
- Air Transport Management
- Logistics and Transport Management
- Transport and Tourism Management
- Shipping and Port Management
- Rail Transport Management
- Transport Economics
- Master of Business Administration in Logistics and Transport Management (in collaboration with the Open University of Tanzania (OUT).
- Master of Science in Logistics and Transport Management.
Post Graduate Diploma Programmes
Masters Degree Programmes
Dr. Prosper Nyaki (+255 713568824)
Mr. Godlisten P. Msumanje (+255 714789567)
Mr. Mathew E. Swila (+255 718170673)
Welcome note from LTS
The Department of Logistics and Transport Studies is one of the oldest Departments of the National Institute of Transport. The Department is currently offering a broad range of academic programmes from Basic Technician Certificates to Bachelor’s Degrees in Logistics and Transport Management, Freight Clearing and Forwarding, Shipping and Port Logistics Management as well as Road and Railways Transport Management. Based on the professional and academic profile of our staff, the Department is committed to producing highly qualified graduates with in-depth knowledge, skills and attitude in the mentioned areas, through the use of modern and innovative ways of teaching.
The Department is actively engaged in providing quality research and consultancy services for the community in various areas including; transport planning, optimization, traffic planning and management, transport investment analysis, scheduling, green transport, transport insurance, supply chain management and international logistics. In collaboration with other departments, the Department welcomes research and consultancy inquiries from various stakeholders, thus benefiting the transport sector and the community at large. The Department also offers tailor-made courses to meet specific industry needs covering logistics, transport, maritime, supply chain management and allied fields.
PROGRAMMES UNDER NTA SYSTEM
These are Competence-Based Education and Training (CBET) programmes. The philosophy behind these programmes is the Competence-Based Education and Training (CBET) approach. It is reflected in clearly defined programme learning outcomes and supported by well-organized Instructional and Credentialing Systems. The learning outcomes are geared towards producing graduates who are well equipped with knowledge, skills and attitudes in a specified occupational activity. Programmes conducted under this system are:
Bachelor’s ‘s Degree Programmes:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Transport Management:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Shipping and Port Logistics Management
- Bachelor Degree in Rail-Road Logistics Management
- Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management
- Diploma in Freight Clearing and Forwarding
- Diploma in Shipping and Port Logistics Operations
- Diploma in Rail-Road Logistics Operations
- Basic Technician Certificate in Logistics and Transport Management
- Basic Technician Certificate in Freight Clearing and Forwarding
- Basic Technician Certificate in Shipping and Port Logistics Operations
- Basic Technician Certificate in Rail-Road Logistics Operations