INFORMATION, COMMUNICATION, TECHNOLOGY DIRECTORATE
Ms. LETICIA MIHAYO
To facilitate the use of ICT facilities to create an enabling environment that promotes smooth teaching, learning and operation of Institute activities.
This Directorate performs the following functions:
- To analyze computer system needs for management information and functional operations; determine scope and priorities of project and system capacity and equipment acquisitions;
- T0 Coordinate the installation. configuration, enhancement, and maintenance of simulators, computer systems, hardware, software, Internet, telecommunication facilities and networks deployed at Institute;
- To develop, implement, and maintain procedures, policies, and standards to continuously improve institutional lCT efficiency;
- To prepare and implement ICT strategic plan for smooth running of the Organization’s Information System functions;
- To facilitate the collection, and storage of institutional information;
- To provide support to key users and communicate institutional ICT requirements;
- To prepare appropriate budget for the directorate
- To prepare reports for ICT Steering Committee;
- To-prepare and implement disaster recovery plan;
- To ensure reliability of ICT facilities at-the Institute;
- To provide supporting teaching conduct research and provide consultancy;
- To maintain ICT procedure manuals in regards to the system development life cycle;
- To administer local and wide areas networks;
- To develop and maintains hardware and-software security policies;
- To oversee the development of Information Systems for the Institute
- To provide in-house training on ICT; and
- To design, develop and manage the Institute’s website and other social platforms.
This Directorate is led by a Director.